1. These Terms 1.1 These are the terms and conditions on which we supply products to you. 1.2 Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide products to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. 1.3 Are you a business customer or a consumer? In some areas you will have different rights under these terms depending on whether you are a business or consumer. You are a consumer if:
You are an individual.
You are buying products from us wholly or mainly for your personal use (not for use in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession).
1.4 If you are a business customer these terms constitute the entire agreement between us in relation to your purchase. You acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement, promise, representation, assurance or warranty made or given by or on behalf of us which is not set out in these terms and that you shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this agreement.
2. Information About Us 2.1 Who we are. Wentworth Pewter is the trading name of A.R Wentworth (Sheffield) Limited. Our company registration number is 01687942 and our registered office is at Monarch Works, Catley Road Darnall, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S9 5JF, UK. 2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0114 224 7693, by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at the address above. 2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order. 2.4 When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our Contract with You 3.1 How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us. 3.2 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this in writing and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because fulfilment of the order may place us in breach of any applicable legislation, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a quantity or a delivery deadline you have specified. 3.3 Your order number. We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
4. Our Products 4.1 Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to be as accurate as possible, because our products are handmade, all sizes, weights, capacities, dimensions and measurements indicated on our website have a 2% tolerance. 4.2 Product packaging may vary. The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our website. 4.3 Making sure your measurements are accurate. If we are making the product to measurements you have given us you are responsible for ensuring that these measurements are correct. You can find information and tips on how to measure on our website or by contacting us.
5. Your Rights to Make Changes If you wish to make a change to the product you have ordered please contact us. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any changes to the price of the product, the timing of supply or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
6. Our Rights to Make Changes We may change the product:
6.1.1 to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
6.1.2 to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the product.
7. Providing the Products 7.1 Delivery costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website. 7.2 When we will provide the products. During the order process, we will let you know when we will provide the products to you. 7.3 We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received. 7.4 Collection by you. If you have asked to collect the products from our premises, you can collect them from us at any time during our working hours of 9.00am to 4.30pm on weekdays (excluding public holidays) and Saturdays. 7.5 If you do not re-arrange delivery. If you do not collect the products from us as arranged or if, after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect them from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or rearrange delivery or collection we may end the contract and clause 10.2 will apply. 7.6 When you become responsible for the goods. The products will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the carrier or you collect it from us. 7.7 When you own goods. You own a product once we have received payment in full. 7.8 What will happen if you do not give the required information to us. We may need certain information from you so that we can supply the products to you. If so, this will have been stated in the description of the products on our website. We will contact you in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract (and clause 10.2 will apply) or make an additional charge of a reasonable sum to compensate us for any extra work that is required as a result. We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it. 7.9 Reasons we may suspend the supply of products to you. We may have to suspend the supply of a product to:
7.9.1 deal with technical problems or make minor technical changes
7.9.2 update the product to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements
7.9.3 make changes to the product as requested by you or notified by us to you (see clause 6).
7.10 We may also suspend supply of the products if you do not pay. If you do not pay us for the products when you are supposed to (see clause 13.4) and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due, we may suspend supply of the products until you have paid us the outstanding amounts. We will contact you to tell you we are suspending supply of the products. We will not suspend the products where you dispute the unpaid invoice (see clause 13.7). We will not charge you for the products during the period for which they are suspended. As well as suspending the products we can also charge you interest on your overdue payments (see clause 13.6).
8. Your Rights to end the Contract 8.1 You can always end your contract with us. Your rights when you end the contract will depend on what you have bought, whether there is anything wrong with it, how we are performing when you decide to end the contract and whether you are a consumer or business customer:
8.1.1 If what you have bought is faulty or misdescribed you may have a legal right to end the contract (or to get the product repaired or replaced or a service reperformed or to get some or all of your money back), see clause 11 if you are a consumer and clause 12 if you are a business;
8.1.2 If you want to end the contract because of something we have done or have told you we are going to do, see clause 8.2;
8.1.3 If you are a consumer and have just changed your mind about the product, see clause 8.3. You may be able to get a refund if you are within the cooling-off period, but this may be subject to deductions;
8.1.4 In all other cases (if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer exercising your right to change your mind), see clause 8.6.
8.2 Ending the contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at (a) to (e) below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
8.2.1 we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
8.2.2 we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
8.2.3 there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control; or
8.2.4 you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
8.3 Exercising your right to change your mind if you are a consumer (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). If you are a consumer then for most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms. 8.4 When consumers do not have a right to change their minds. Your right as a consumer to change your mind does not apply in respect of:
8.4.1 products made to your specifications or which are clearly personalised;
8.4.2 products sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them; or
8.4.3 any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
8.5 How long do consumers have to change their minds? If you are a consumer you have 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the goods, unless:
8.5.1 Your goods are split into several deliveries over different days. In this case, you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the last delivery.
8.5.2 Your goods are for regular delivery over a set period. In this case, you have until 14 days after the day you (or someone you nominate) receives the first delivery of the goods.
8.6 Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has a right to change their mind (see clause 8.1), you can still end the contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A contract for goods is completed when the product is delivered and paid for. If you want to end a contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you are not a consumer who has changed their mind, just contact us to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
9. How to end the Contract with us 9.1 Tell us you want to end the contract. To end the contract with us, please let us know by doing contacting us using one of the ways specified in clause 2. 9.2 Returning products after ending the contract. If you end the contract for any reason after products have been dispatched to you or you have received them, you must return them to us. You must either return the goods in person to where you bought them, post them back to us at the address specified in clause 2 above. Please contact us for a return label or to arrange collection. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind you must send off the goods within 14 days of telling us you wish to end the contract. 9.3 When we will pay the costs of return. We will pay the costs of return:
9.3.1 if the products are faulty or misdescribed; or
9.3.2 if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong. In all other circumstances (including where you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind) you must pay the costs of return.
9.4 What we charge for collection. If you are responsible for the costs of return and we are collecting the product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection. The costs of collection will be the same as our charges for standard delivery. 9.5 How we will refund you. If you are entitled to a refund under these terms we will refund you the price you paid for the products including delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below. 9.6 When we may make deduction from refunds if you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind. If you are exercising your right to change your mind:
9.6.1 We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
9.6.2 The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
9.7 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible. If you are a consumer exercising your right to change your mind, then:
9.7.1 If the products are goods and we have not offered to collect them, your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the product back to us. For information about how to return a product to us, see clause 9.2.
9.7.2 In all other cases, your refund will be made within 14 days of your telling us you have changed your mind
10. Our rights to end the Contract 10.1 We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if:
10.1.1 you do not make any payment to us when it is due and you still do not make payment within 14 days of us reminding you that payment is due;
10.1.2 you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the products, for example, any personalisation required; or
10.1.3 you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us to deliver the products to you or collect them from us.
10.2 You must compensate us if you break the contract. If we end the contract in the situations set out in clause 10.1 we will refund any money you have paid in advance for products we have not provided but we may deduct or charge you reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your breaking the contract.
11. Your rights in respect of defective products if you are a consumer 11.1 If you are a consumer we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights. 11.2 If you wish to exercise your legal rights to reject products you must either return them in person to where you bought them, post them back to us or (if they are not suitable for posting) allow us to collect them from you. We will pay the costs of postage or collection. Please contact us for a return label or to arrange collection.
12. Your rights in respect of defective products if you are a business 12.1 If you are a business customer we warrant that on delivery, and for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery (warranty period), any products which are goods shall:
12.1.1 conform in all material respects with their description and any relevant specification;
12.1.2 be free from material defects in design, material and workmanship;
12.1.3 be fit for any purpose held out by us. 12.2 Subject to clause 12.3, if:
12.2.1 you give us notice in writing during the warranty period within a reasonable time of discovery that a product does not comply with the warranty set out in clause 12.1;
12.2.2 we are given a reasonable opportunity of examining such product; and
12.2.3 you return such product to us at our cost, we shall, at our option, repair or replace the defective product, or refund the price of the defective product in full.
12.3 We will not be liable for a product's failure to comply with the warranty in clause 12.1 if:
12.3.1 you make any further use of such product after giving a notice in accordance with clause 12.2.1;
12.3.2 the defect arises because you failed to follow our oral or written instructions as to the storage, installation, commissioning, use or maintenance of the product or (if there are none) good trade practice;
12.3.3 the defect arises as a result of us following any drawing, design or specification supplied by the Customer;
12.3.4 you alter or repair the product without our written consent; or
12.3.5 the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal working conditions.
12.4 Except as provided in this clause 12, we shall have no liability to you in respect of a product's failure to comply with the warranty set out in clause 12.1.
12.5 These terms shall apply to any repaired or replacement products supplied by us under clause 12.2.
13. Price and Payment 13.1 Where to find the price for the product. The price of the product (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 13.3 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order. 13.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes between your order date and the date we supply the product, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay, unless you have already paid for the product in full before the change in the rate of VAT takes effect. 13.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. 13.4 When you must pay and how you must pay. We accept payment with Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, PayPal and BACS. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we dispatch the products to you. 13.5 Our right of set-off if you are a business customer. If you are a business customer you must pay all amounts due to us under these terms in full without any set-off, counterclaim, deduction or withholding (other than any deduction or withholding of tax as required by law). 13.6 We can charge interest if you pay late. If you do not make any payment to us by the due date we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 5% a year above the base lending rate of Barclays Bank plc from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay us interest together with any overdue amount. 13.7 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong. If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
14. Our Responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you if you are a consumer 14.1 We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during the sales process. 14.2 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; for breach of your legal rights in relation to the products; and for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987. 14.3 We are not liable for business losses. If you are a consumer we only supply the products for to you for domestic and private use. If you use the products for any commercial, business or resale purpose our liability to you will be limited as set out in clause
15. Our Responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you if you are a business 15.1 Nothing in these terms shall limit or exclude our liability for:
15.1.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors (as applicable);
15.1.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
15.1.3 breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
15.1.4 defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
15.2 Except to the extent expressly stated in clause 12.1 all terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 are excluded. 15.3 Subject to clause 15.1:
15.3.1 we shall not be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, for any loss of profit, or any indirect or consequential loss arising under or in connection with any contract between us; and
15.3.2 our total liability to you for all other losses arising under or in connection with any contract between us, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to the total sum paid by you for products under such contract.
17. Other Important Terms 17.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. 17.2 You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing. 17.3 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. 17.4 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect. 17.5 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the products, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date. 17.6 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings if you are a consumer. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts. 17.7 Alternative dispute resolution if you are a consumer. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are a consumer and are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider. You can submit a complaint to ADR Group (via their website at http://www.consumer-dispute.co.uk/). In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform. 17.8 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings if you are a business. If you are a business, any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a contract between us or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.